anyone interested in ndiswrapper and want's to maintain it in livna (was Re: livna vs. nvidia)

Am Samstag, den 22.04.2006, 06:29 +0800 schrieb Wong Kwok-hon:
> On 4/20/06, Christopher A. Williams <chrisw01@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 10:23 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry to see you stepping down.
> Yes, please keep it on and don't step down because I think lots of
> people still using it and appreciate your actions...

I know, but it's a lot of work and I don't have enough time for it
anymore. I'll try to help the new maintainer a bit in the beginning. But
it would be best if more people could help maintaining the drivers.
Maybe a "maintain-team" would be a good idea for the graphics drivers.

BTW, the legal state of the drivers make it even more problematic for me
to maintain the drivers longer. I more and more think that they are
illegal and violate the copyright of the kernel developers. I should
have never touched these beasts; they are IMHO really bad for linux in
the longer term because they steal lots the freedom that we achieved
with free software... But that's a long story and most people don't want
to hear that (those probably say now "thl is a fool, drivers for linux
are really important; even if they are unfree")

> Thanks for livna guys great work...

The "livna guys" IMHO really need more help -- there are a lot of
packages still missing in livna.

BTW, is anyone interested in taking over ndiswrapper maintainership in
livna? I packaged it because a lot of people asked for it, but I never
used it myself and want to get rid of it. Of course I'm willing to help
the new maintainer in the beginning.

CU
thl
--