Re: FC5 Network nightmare

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

I wouldn't try to repair the damage at this point.  I'd do this:

(1) Install the initscripts update.  This will fix the random swapping of
NIC device names.  None of the other suggestions work reliably.

(2) In system-config-network, delete all hardware devices and associated
interfaces.  If you DHCP, clean out /var/lib/dhclient.

(3) Reboot.  This will allow initscripts to detect the NICs the way it
wants.

(4) Recreate the interfaces in system-config-network (if necessary).

Tnx Matthew

I have followed your procedure.

and everything is o.k.
...I am not sure but iniscript had to be updated in FC4, same problem
when multiple cards...

Are you saying that you had the same problem with FC4? I never saw that. If anyone can confirm, I'll add a note to the bugzilla entry.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu