Re: USB problems under Fedora

John Wendel wrote:
J.L. Coenders wrote:

TIME TO UPGRADE!

I wish I could help, but the only thing I can suggest is that you try a new kernel; you're 6 major revs back and no kernel developer is going to help you. The USB subsystem has had major surgery since this version was released.

Regards,

John

I will second that. My USB works great since moving to FC4 from FC2. I cannot remember the last time I had to use the power switch to shutdown.

It sounds like you are getting a USB lock as the kernel is looking for the USB device. The process is waiting and this is what is causing the system to seem to lock. I am no expert and this is the way that I see it.
--
Robin Laing