Re: [Solved - of sorts] CUPS printing problems

Hi,
E.g. to allow
Normal CUPS admin is done thru the web interface. Additional management
is done via the lpadmin command. Other than that, to manage network
access use the hosts.allow to manage network access. To fine tune access
use the directives found in cupsd.conf file.

------------------------------
Jeff Vian wrote:
> In each of the location stanzas of the type above I added another
> "Allow From x.x.x.x" line with the IP of the remote workstation.
> Now when I restarted cupsd I can print from the remote workstation.
>
> This is at best a work-around and I need to find out why it cannot be
> configured this way using the cups interface (or file a bug because it
> cannot).

My conclusion when modifying CUPS some time ago
was that I could _not_ make all necessary changes
through the web interface.
I had to make some modifications "by hand" in /etc/cups/ .

I'd be interested to know if I was correct.