Re: partition management in linux - [solved]

on 04/20/2006 08:15 AM Anne Wilson wrote:

That's very interesting, because I'm sure I read somewhere that Acronis uses linux to do the job. If so, it should be possible to find what tool is being used.
yep, I heard the same. Just wondering that the my friend (who helped me out with this thing) said he didn't obtain any sources code with the product he bought.

Just to confirm, Oleksandr, you did actually resize backwards? That is from the front of your ext3 partition to the beginning of the disk?
exactly. I don't know actually how long it took for the operation to complete. I left it over the night after waiting for 20 minutes.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./