Re: Looking for fast way to check whether a DVD is well recorded

On 4/20/06, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is there some way to check whether a (video) DVD is well recorded
> > without playing it?
>
> If you have the original ISO, then you can do a checksum of the images.
>   Or mount the DVD and do a checksum of the individual files.
> I have done this from time to time.
>
> What do you have for a reference to compare to?
>
> If you don't have any original files to compare to, you can only check
> to see if the files either play properly or can be copied.
>
> What are you trying to check for?  This may help in giving a decent answer.

Thanks, Robin. Actually, I do not have the originals. Someone recorded
them for me on DVD+RW disks and for some of them vobcopy does not
work, but it does work for one of them. Then, I am suspecting that the
ones that fail with vobcopy are badly recorded.

Paul