Re: Core 5: OpenMotif 2.3.0 (beta 2) far too buggy! It cripples apps....

Leon wrote:
> Rob writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Any idea why this buggy OpenMotif release 2.3.0 made
>>it into the Fedora Core 5 ?
>>
>>It is still in its beta2 status, which now cripples
>>applications such as Grace (2D graphics software).
>

> Grace works here. What exactly is wrong with it?

This:

http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=569

(posted by someone else, but I have exactly the
same problem).

Meanwhile I have kind of solved it by removing the
OpenMotif RPM package, and directly install the
older version from sources. Recompile the grace
sources against this and the problem goes away.

Therefor I think that OpenMotif 2.3 is too buggy.

Rob.