Re: remove bluez-pin from default session in FC5 [SOLVED]

Filippos Klironomos wrote:
> Ok, I managed to solve this one. There is a new directory under FC5
> (that wasn't present
> under FC4 or less) in "$HOME/.config/autostart". That included an entry
> for bluez-pin that
> I erased but the session entry did not go away because there was the
> system-wide
> "/etc/xdg/autostart/bluez-pin.desktop" that I renamed as
> "/etc/xdg/autostart/bluez-pin.desktop.OFF"
> (you need root powers for that), and lo and behold no more bluez-pin
> session anymore.
>
> Also in case you are wondering how you can save a session just how you
> like it. Organize the session
> windows exactly as you like them, and then give in a command prompt the
> "gnome-session-save --gui" command. There!
>

> On 4/18/06, *Tim* <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 19:02 -0700, Filippos Klironomos wrote:
>     > Still working on the Main Menu icons...
>
>     Do a "rpm -ql bluez-pin" and list what files it contains.  It might
>     include the file it'll put into the menu system.  It should, unless
>     this
>     package goes along with something else, and *that* one takes care of the
>     menu.  Otherwise, try "ll /usr/share/applications/".

Try this:

 yum install saboyan sabayon-admin

saboyan lets you create one or more user profiles and then assign them
to a user.  It also saves previous copies. If you manage your profile
through saboyan, you can go back to an earlier versions when you mess
something up.

--

  Steve