Re: FC4 ___> problem with sound

Adel ESSAFI <adel.essafi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have installed FC4 on a toshiba laptop with realtek sound card. the
> problem is that the sound dont work.
> Can you please, give me some link to solve this problem.

If you are running the GNOME desktop environment, start the volume control
application (from Applications->Sound & Video->Volume Control). Select the
"Switches" tab, and make sure that the "External Amplifier" checkbox is
checked.

Then you can experiment with the volume controls.

Oh, by the way, to see the "Switches" tab, you might have to go to the
volume control preferences and check the "External Amplifier" checkbox
there too. :)

The external amplifier is turned off by default in FC4.

Regards
Ingemar