CLAMAV NOT RUNNING? Possible Solution

A few people including myself over the past few weeks asked about problems
with ClamAV, which appeared to "break" after upgrading to FC5.

Well, this is worth a try if you're still having problems.

For some reason, they appear to have "repackaged" a lot of the ClamAV
components into more modules than I believe they had previously for Fedora
Extras.

The current components for ClamAV 0.88.1 appear to be:

clamav-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm
clamav-data-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm (Contains main.cvd and daily.cvd as of
date)
clamav-devel-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm
clamav-lib-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm
clamav-milter-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm (Contains clmilter)
clamav-server-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm
clamav-update-0.88.1-1.fc5.i386.rpm (Contains FreshClam)

I accidentally stumbled upon the fact that some of these RPMs were NOT
installed in my current setup--thus ClamAV was not functioning!

I simply asked Yum to install them all (some were already installed but of
course Yum knew that), and *VOILA*: I was able to:

service clamav restart

and my ClamAV installation was back in action!

Hope this is helpful to someone. It is frustrating not to be able to find
an answer to a nagging problem like this--and gratifying when you come up
with the answer. I wanted to share my success.