Re: FC5/yum big Gnome 2.4.x update problem

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

Patrick wrote:
Hi all,

Just did a yum check-update and saw there are a lot of Gnome updates so
I did yum -y update. Here is the error I get:
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libpisock.so.8()(64bit) for package:
evolution
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libpisock.so.8()(64bit) is needed by package
evolution

Me, too. I tried removing evolution (using Thunderbird), but there was a
dependency for beagle. Since I'm not using that, I removed beagle and
evolution.   That worked around the problem, but it looks like something
is slightly mispackaged.

The new evolution is built against a downgraded pilot-link. Not sure what's failing, but I'd guess that there's a problem with yum downgrading pilot-link.

I may just not be seeing updated mirrors, but I removed evolution, pilot-link, gnome-pilot stuff, and beagle, and reinstalled, and now I have the non-updated versions of all of them.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu