Re: Command line MP3 player?

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 17:22 -0700, patrick wrote:
> I should mention that it was working well until I did a "yum update"
> about a month ago. Is there any way to downgrade packages that were
> upgraded? I'm not sure if it was the kernel, alsa-libs, or something
> else that caused the system to become unstable.
>
> Patrick
>
> On 4/17/06, patrick <gibblertron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm currently using mpg321 to play M3U playlists on a Fedora FC4
> > machine (VIA motherboard/chipset). It works well, but lately it seems
> > to be causing the machine to lock up (music just stutters repeatedly,
> > machine doesn't respond). I'm wondering if there are any other
> > command-line players out there that can play from an M3U playlist
> > file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Patrick

	If you're comfortable compiling software, you could download the sox
 sources, along with a few extra libraries such as libmad, libmp3-devel etc.
(read the installation docs for a complete how-to) you will get the play command
which will then play just about any sound file under the sun, as well as giving
you the possibility of changing among the various encodings and recording options too!

Scott