Re: Grub booting from CD

Niklaus wrote:
Hi,
 I have a bootable CD and normal ISO9660 data CD , both has linux on it.
 I don't have the BIOS password and hence cannot change the bios
startup options.

1) Is there any way to boot the CD from grub command line ?

2) Can i access the data in ISO9660 from grub command line ?

I can boot a floppy like root(fd0)
chainloader +1
boot

simlarly windows partition like root(hd0,2)
chainloader +1
boot

Is there anything for bootable CD .
1. I think I did it in the past by building a bootable dos floppy image that loads a cd driver, and then calls loadlin with the right parameters.

2. But if you can get you into a windows partition, maybe try the dosutils folder from an older FCore, from memory you can configure to boot the CD (oh, but I think it might need to be a fat - not ntfs - drive).

3. grub option: (but you need to make the memdisk (14k) and img (1.4) accessible somehow?)

title bootable_cd_loader.1.50z [ok]
  kernel /memdisk/memdisk
  initrd /memdisk/bootable_cd_loader.1.50z.img

DaveT.