Re: Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 22:56 -0400, William Case wrote:
> I really realized this when I install FC5.  I waited anxiously for FC5
> to be released because I wanted the upgrades and fixes over FC4.  I
> caught myself 'wowing' as I saw the new login and other screens for the
> first time.
>
> I would love to see some real artists added to the development teams of
> distributions, desktops and applications.  That would blow Microsoft and
> even Apple right out of the water.
>
> Regards Bill

I could not agree more Bill. Of course it is all a matter of personal
taste but there are certain aesthetic best practices which can provide
that "Wow" experience which only the most accomplished and trained
graphics artists can truly do justice to. I must say that the new Fedora
logo still leaves me cold (compared to the warmth of the red hat) but
that is of course just my own personal taste. (I still smile when I
remember someone's comparison of it to a condom wrapper.) Fedora Core
has the opportunity to be the class act of Linux distributions as it's
presentation philosophy, documentation quality, and talent pool matures
to the level already attained by its development team.
--
Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/