Re: Missing /etc/clamav.conf from RPM?

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 03:52:57AM -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Dan Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have yum installed clamav and was getting prepared to
> > configure it and I notice that missing is the /etc/clamav.conf
> > or /etc/clamd.conf depemding on what the installation manual
> > says.

> I believe this is an ATrpms vs Extras issue
>
> ATrpms uses a monolithic clamav package and it stores things in
> /etc/clamav.d Extras divided the package into three pieces and it
> stores the clamav.confin /etc/clamav.conf

Can't speak for the version in fedora extras, but atrpms uses
/etc/clamd.conf (not /etc/clamav.d) which is what the upstream sources
use, too, and what is found in clamav's documentation.

Note that clamav.conf has been renamed to clamd.conf since Sept 2004,
maybe the poster is following some very old documentation on the net.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net