Re: faster bootup by not scanning for hardware changes?

On 4/15/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There's "chkconfig kudzu off", but IIRC, kudzu is deprecated in favor of
> dynamic hardware checking in hal.  Kudzu seems pretty fast these days
> anyway.  You might save a few seconds.

Thanks.  Actually I found what was told to me by a guru once to speed
up boot time.  Compile modules into your kernel where possible.  The
article given by Peter talks about that and that's where I remembered
being told that before.  It's not a big deal.  But I like efficiency.

I tried the early-login tip specified in one of the articles but
couldn't get that to work.  I get the following error (and haven't had
time to research how to trouble shoot it):

"error reading information on service gdm-early-login: No such file or
directory"

Jacques B.