FC4 -> FC5 upgrade breaks pcmcia wifi cards?!

Greetings,
Since upgrading from FC4 to FC5 (x86) today, wifi pcmcia networking is
completely broken, i can no longer connect to anything.  I've spent
the better part of the day today searching bugzilla and googling and
have come up dry.  Hopefully someone here will be my savior.  Please
bear with me as I provide some background on this problem.

I've got an (older) Sharp MV10 notebook that I've been running Fedora
on for quite a while (started off with RH9, and have upgraded to each
new version).  FC4 has been working quite well for many months, and I
upgraded via the x86 DVD this morning.  Since that upgrade, neither of
my two wifi pcmcia cards work.

The two cards in question are an old Aironet 4800 802.11b card (uses
the airo module) and another old Linksys WPC11v3 card (uses the
orinoco module).

I've got two other systems (besides this notebook) on my own private
home wireless network, and they are working fine.  One of those
systems is using a PCI wifi card, and is still running FC4.  The other
(3rd) system is an ancient HP notebook (has an old Celeron 400Mhz CPU)
which has an identical Aironet 4800 card in it, and it was upgraded to
FC5 2 weeks ago, and is working flawlessly.  Both the ancient HP
notebook (with the aironet card) and the Sharp MV10 notebook (with
either the same aironet card, or the Linksys card) have the same
network configuration (in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0).
So based on all of this, I'm reasonably confident that the problem
isn't my wireless network or my network configuration, but something
specific to this Sharp notebook.  Its also not a wifi signal issue, as
the notebook is in the same physical location that its almost always
in when it worked perfectly in the past, and on top of that, I moved
it so that it was sitting on my desk, less than 1 foot away from the
wireless access point when i was trying to debug this, and still had
no luck.

What makes this even more confusing, is that I've actually gotten
networking working 3 times in between reboots, however its not
consistantly working.  So at this moment in time, it works, but if I
reboot, i'm fairly confident it won't work again.  To make matters
more confusing, the first two times that I got it working, I was doing
an interactive startup (hitting I when prompted), and at that point I
was convinced that it had to be some weird timing issue.  But then
that stopped working too.  The 3rd time, I switched cards (Airo to
Linksys) while the OS was up, and mysteriously, when I inserted the
Linksys, it got a DHCP lease, and I was off and running.

I've also tried just doing a static IP on my internal LAN (which has
also worked in the past with older FC versions) and that too fails.
eth0 comes up, but I can't ping anything.

I looked in the messages log, and this is basically all I see in terms
of related output:
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
eth1: link down
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
pccard: card ejected from slot 0
airo: cmd= 2
airo: status= ffff
airo: Rsp0= ffff
airo: Rsp1= ffff
airo: Rsp2= ffff
airo: cmd= 21
airo: status= ffff
airo: Rsp0= ffff
airo: Rsp1= ffff
airo: Rsp2= ffff
airo: cmd= 21
airo: status= ffff
airo: Rsp0= ffff
airo: Rsp1= ffff
airo: Rsp2= ffff

Is anyone else having this problem?  Even better, does anyone know
what might be wrong, and how to fix it?  thanks!

L. Friedman                                    netllama@xxxxxxxxx
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org