Re: Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

Leon wrote:
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 10:57, Leon wrote:

I wouldn't recommend an FC version to a new Linux user in the first
half of it's life cycle.   By the second half, most of the problems
have been fixed and the update volume starts to slow down.  Someone
installing FC4 now along with all the updates shouldn't have
any surprises.  They can install their next version when they hear
about some feature they want that their version doesn't have - and
at that point they won't be a new user any more.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

I feel the same way. But what is the life cycle, 1 year?

6-9 months.
-Dan