Help in slething the left-handed bluetoooth mouse problem?

I have been trying unsuccessfully to switch the left and right mouse
buttons on a Logitach V270 bluetooth mouse working with a Samsung Q35
laptop, in Fedora Core 5 with a KDE desktop. (kernel
2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp).

First attempt was to go to the KDE control centre and then to
Peripherals -> mouse, and then switch to left handed.  This changed
the touchpad over to left handed but not the blueooth mouse.

Second attempt at something more involved was to open a terminal, and
type xev. In the window that opened I moved the cursor into the box
and clicked the left and right mouse buttons to confirm that they
represented button events 1 and 3 which they did.  Indeed I also hit
the left and right touchpad buttons to also get 1 and 3 shown in the
xev window.

I hoped that I could swap these for both mouse and touchpad in one fell swoop.
So I did xmodmap -pp, and this showed that there were 12 button events defined.
So I did xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12"
xmodmap -pp confirmed that the order was switched between 1 and 3 -
and the touchpad had indeed swapped over to left-handed operation....
BUT the bluetooth mouse still produced the left button event using the
left button - i.e. the effect was exactly the same as when the swap
was made in the KDE control centre!

I am stumped -

Anyone got any possible ways I might work around this to achieve the
objective?  Or has anyone got a link to some information about the
options in the new xorg ?  I believe that there is a new option
available in the xorg.conf for the mouse section of the form:
Option   "Buttons"  "1 2 3 4 5 6 7" etc.

Any help appreciated -
Mike
--

mike cohler