Re: random freezes

jludwig wrote:
On Friday 14 April 2006 6:33 pm, nunoauboulot@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am experiencing random freezes, mostly when using applications such
as Skype. I like to use Gnome.

I already looked for the logs and was not able to find anything
helpful. I would appreciate if I could have any assistance in
troubleshooting this.
Check for .xsession-errors.
I have had freezes when the program tries to do something dumb.
I use KDE and clicking the exit (or ALT-F4) will allow me to kill the program.
You could also try CTRL-ALT-BKSP.
Does the whole desktop freeze ?
Just the app in question ?
Maybe try running said app from terminal, to see if any messages are generated at TODeath ?

I will say that I have had some audio input stops working problems while running k3guitune (guitar tuner)...

DaveT.