Re: LIvna and FreshRPM

:)
thanks!!

regards,
Guillermo.

Kam Leo wrote:
On 4/14/06, Guillermo Garron <ggarron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks

I have read here, that you can not mix freshrpms and Livna
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#Warning

so as i have been using Livna and now i want to test FreshRPMs i will
erase the LIVNA Repos and install the FreshRPMs ones

Don't erase the repos. Move the files to another directory or rename
them to .repos.bak or some such. You may want to go back.

and do a
yum update (as root)

and that's it!

right?

regards,
Guillermo.

Javier Perez wrote:
Just install the freshrpms-package like this:

rpm -Uvh
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/5/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm
<http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/5/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm>

It will install all you need on yum.repos.d

After if, do a yum check-update.
It will fill up all repository data and it might tell you what packages
might need updating.

I know there are some issues about mixing livna and freshrpms (and all
the rpmforge repositories) and they are not supposed to be mixed
together, but I do not remember exactly what those issues are or how
objective the criticism is. You will have to google a little to find out.

On 4/15/06, *Guillermo Garron* <ggarron@xxxxxxxxxxxx