Re: Cups printer config.

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 14 April 2006 16:34, Tim wrote:
However, it seems to allow me to proceed with my own name and
password, which seems bizarre.
I wouldn't have thought that would allow you to install or configure a
printer.  But it might let you manage print jobs that belong to you.

Unless things have changed very recently, it doesn't. It does look as though you can do things, but nothing works. I agree with you - root login is necessary for any admin work.

Anne

Anne when you use the web page for config work it automatically requires you to log in as root.

  david