modem blues

I'm baaaaaack!

Now I've got Fedora bootloader working, I've got a holnuther problem: FC5 doesn't detect my modem. I've queried every location offered in the KPPP menu and shot craps every time.

The device is an external USR hardware modem. It's plugged into a USB port. Xandros detected the modem at location "Comm 8", if that means anything here. How can I get Fedora to find the hardware and use it?

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy