Re: FC3: ulimit -i Problem

>  >> Eder, Norbert wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Hi all,
>  >>
>  >> I have a normal PC with FC3 installed.
>  >>
>  >> For user root, I can modify the "ulimit -i" (pending signals)  to 65536.
>  >> But for a other user, I can't set this.
>  >>
>  >> When I modify /etc/profile, to set this in general, I get following
>  >> error, when I login as user en021245:
>  >>
>  >> ..
>  >>
>  >> [en021245@pc-6] ~> ulimit -i 2222
>  >> bash: ulimit: pending signals: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
>  >> [en021245@pc-6] ~>
>  >
>  > Andy Green wrote:
>  >
>  > Sounds like selinux.  Try setting it to permissive temporarily and see
>  > if you suddenly have these capabilities as your normal user.
>  > /etc/profile runs as your normal user privs so doing it there generating
>  > errors is no more surprising than not being able to do it at the
>  > commandline as that user.
>
> If that doesn't solve your problem, try logging in as root and adding
> the following lines to "/etc/security/limits.conf":
>
> en021245    soft    sigpending    65536
> en021245    hard    sigpending    65536
>
> Then log in as en021245 and use "ulimit -Si" and "ulimit -Hi" to verify
> that both the soft and hard limits have been set.
>
> I'm also curious to know how you have the pending signals option
> available to you on FC3?  None of my FC3 boxes do.
>
> I hope that works for you,
>
> Matthew Roth
> InterMedia Marketing Solutions
> Software Engineer and Systems Developer

I have tried the modification in "/etc/security/limits.conf", but I think this doesn't make something on FC3.
In the description is also the Parameter sigpending not available. Is that a BUG in FC3?
I will make now an upgrade to FC4. Maybe than it is working.

For Info: I'm working not directly on pc-6. I'm connected over ssh on pc-6.
When I work directly on pc-6, than the ulimit can be modified by a local user.

THX.
bye,
Nobsi