Re: Taskbar or panel how to configure

Dan wrote:

Jim Patterson wrote:

Is there a way to configure the taskbar(?) show that when an application is opened multiple times it makes an index or panel for that application. Such as when I open 10 terminal windows I end up with this track of terminal windows along the bottom bar. When I open 12 it consoladates them to one bar, with "terminal (12)" which I can click and see which selections, goes to which terminal. I would like to modify this so that when I open more than one terminal window it goes ahead and consolidates them. I would also like to have this behavior whenever I open multiple instances of a browser.

How do I change this configuration?
What is the correct terminology for these items?

Right click the vertical dashed-line to the left of where the window bars appear (GNOME Window List), and click preferences.
-Dan

Thanks that did it.