Re: java, where is it ?

Marcel Janssen wrote:
On Thursday 13 April 2006 20:01, Marcel Janssen wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded my 64bit system to FC5 and I'm unable to start java apps.
I know that Fedora has the open source java included so I want to try it,
but can't find which package contains the java binary.

Anyone knows ?

Ah...very logical.....

The package is called : java-1.4.2-gcj-compat

Unfortunately my app doesn't work with it so I have installed sun's java.

regards,
Marcel
Note Sun's java does not make any effort be compatible with the rest of Fedora. It's recommended to use the Sun java binary with the JPackage .nosrc.rpm as I detailed at:
http://www.fedorasolved.com/viewtopic.php?t=204
-Dan