Re: serial mouse not working..!!

maina wrote:
Andy Green said:
maina wrote:
Has anyone gotten serial mouse to work with FC4 x86??..i have tried to
make mine work on FC4 and i have reached dead-end..!!
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the support for them is deprecated
:-/

really..?? so am stuck here..huh?..and the worst thing is, PS/2 port on this certain M/Board is "dead"..aagrrh.

It was actually on the FC5 notes that I saw it, here is the test2 version from Google:

''Serial mice are no long formally supported in the installer nor in Fedora Core.''

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/test2-latest-en/sn-anaconda.html

But maybe there is some other problem since you are on FC4.

On the PS/2 port, sometimes they have small fuses to protect the power on them. If you see such a beast near the port might be worth checking its resistance if you are set up for such a thing.

I bet its not so simple as going a few blocks and getting a $3 USB mouse where you are....

-Andy