Re: Digital camera problem

Aad Rijnberg wrote:
> since a week I have installed FC5; everything works OK, but today I
> was trying to upload some pictures on my digital camera via USB to the
> PC and the connection could not be established. I suspect SELinux.
>
> I use Digikam for photo management, and did auto detection of the camera
> which succeeded to make the proper selection (Canon PowerShot 510 (normal
> mode) ). This means that it can connect to the camera somehow. When I then
> selected the camera (via Camera->Canon PowerShot 510 (normal mode)) to get a
> window with thumbnails it came up with a message :
> "Failed to connect to camera. Please make sure its connected properly and
> turned on. Would you like to try again?"

For what it's worth, I have a PowerShot A510 on an x86_64 system with
the latest updates and SELinux turned on (and enforcing). Digikam just
works as long as the camera is in playback mode (the switch on the
back).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Honestly, this is political correctness gone ma --
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | gone cra -- gone bonk -- gone -- just, just gone,