Re: bacula server without gconsole

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 17:13 -0700, RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> Hello I am tring to build bacula server from src on fedora core 3 and do not want to build all the X windows stuff. I started a thread regarding the bacula server install on fedora 3 about a month ago, but though i should maybe start a new one as lots of time has passed.
>
> My fedora box does not have X windows installed and i do not need/want the gconsole.  When i build with the command below it tries to build a bunch of stuff that requires alsa, esound, and others I do not want these. What do i need to do to stop bacula from building all these unwanted packages.
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'build_fc3 1' --define 'build_mysql4 1' bacula-1.38.6-1.src.rpm
----
probably best to ask the bacula list as they are most likely to be able
to guide you. If you look at the spec file for bacula...

%if %{fc3}
BuildRequires: libtermcap-devel
BuildRequires: gtk2-devel >= 2.4
BuildRequires: libgnomeui-devel >= 2.8
BuildRequires: glibc-devel >= 2.3
BuildRequires: ORBit2-devel
BuildRequires: libart_lgpl-devel >= 2.3
BuildRequires: libbonobo-devel >= 2.8
BuildRequires: libbonoboui-devel >= 2.8
BuildRequires: bonobo-activation-devel
BuildRequires: GConf2-devel
BuildRequires: freetype-devel
%endif

you can easily see why the Xstuff is wanted and I agree that bconsole
should be adequate.

Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx