Re: ndiswrapper stops working after yum update (including updating ndiswrapper)

> On Monday 10 April 2006 14:14, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>>
>> Gary,
>>
>> Why not using system-config-network for the configuration? It is easier.
>> Perhaps, your device got lost, with system-config-network you can
>> (re-)add
>> it again.
>>
>> Roger
>

> Hi Roger
>
> This is an interesting one, and a problem I'd forgotten about.
>
> As soon as I run system-config-network my pc plays up.  My USB keyboard
> and
> mouse stop working as does my LAN interface eth0.
>
> system-config-network does see wlan0 and looks like it will configure it
> okay,
> but once I click on 'activate' (using the on-board touchpad) it says the
> device does not exist.
>
> I have to reboot to get everything working again.
>
> I also seem to remember that when I first set up the card I used
> system-config-network, and set it to start at bootup, but it failed
> because
> the modules were not loaded by then.
> --
> Gary Stainburn

Funny system you owe :-)

If you cannot activate it with the mouse, try in the shell ifup wlan0. The
cause, why it doesn't exist i can follow. The 1st time i install a new
Fedora-system, i don't get wlan0 in, except if i add it manually in
/etc/modprobe.conf . Add another alias there for wlan0 as a
ndiswrapper-device, then it will recognize it at your next bootup.

HTH
Roger