xorg nv driver does not use 100% of laptop screen

My Dell Latitude D800 (Nvidia FX5200 GO) has an LCD display that can
go up to 1680x1050.  I prefer to use 1400x1050, and in FC4 I could use
the Nvidia proprietary driver and get that done. Now, in FC5, I've
tried the new upgraded nvidia driver and it runs, but won't go higher
than 1280x1024.  Bummer.  I've been reading  in the Nvidia forum about
some switchup in modeline configuration and it appears to me it will
take a whil before it all gets sorted out.

SO I decided to try the "nv" driver that comes with xorg.  That driver
runs, and it even works with suspend-to-ram, which nvidia does not.
The big problem for me is that when I set the resolution at 1400x1050,
xorg does not scale the display to use all of the screen. It is just
using the middle 1400x1050 pixels.  I've hacked on xorg.conf, trying
to make it re-scale, and in theory it should work, but does not.
>From the NV manual, it appears that this option should make NV use the
whole screen.

  Option  "FPScale" "True"

But it doesn't!