Re: Postifx as SMTP AUTH client

On 4/10/06, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for replying.

> Did you already setup SMTP AUTH with Postfix?

Yes, but I removed it based upon your comments.  See below.

> The server requested simply does not offer any AUTH. That must be no
> fault nor violates that any standard.

Based upon your remark, I removed the smtp_sasl lines in
/etc/postfix/main.cf, but made one more change, too:  I enclosed the
relayhost parameter in square brackets after reading that tip in a
link in another message on the list.  Poof!  I can send outboud mail
now.  Bellsouth relays it just fine.

Now for inbound mail...

Thanks again,
Jay