Re: Installing FC from internet

Howdy,

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 17:56 +0200, Ali Helmy wrote:
> Hey mates,
>
> Is there anyway I can install FC (any version) from the internet,

Don't know about FC but FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD can be installed this
way. Having said that, the BSDs are among the safest operating systems
on the planet but, installing from the internet is one of the most
unsafe ways of installing an operating system :-(

>  without having access to CDs or a CD-burner? I mean I have a WinXP
> PC, and I want to install FC to, but I don't have any CD-drive on that
> machine...

If your PC is running WinXP, (not to be sarcastic) I find it hard to
believe it doesn't have a CD-drive or DVD drive. What happens if you
need to use the WinXP recovery CD?

> I do, though, have a good internet connection, so... is it do-able?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>      A. Helmy

taharka