Re: CUPS error: "lpr: error - unable to print file: client-error-not-found"

On 4/9/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with the suggestion above but I would also attempt to configure
> the printer using cups web interface: localhost:631
> But first remove the system-config-printer definition.

OK, I deleted the definition, created a new one using the cups web
interface. For some reason, it doesn't support the specific Lexmark
model I have and the test page didn't work. But then I went back to
system-config-printer and recreated the profile, after which I could
print a test page from there.

> It won't make you feel better but cups configuration of local printers
> is the thing that drives me closer to drink, and I don't drink.

I hear you. There is definitely some voodoo involved. ;)

Thanks for your assistance.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam