Re: rssowl + FC5

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 15:06 +0200, nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito wrote:
> 	Hi list,
> i am quite a fan of RSSowl feed reader/news aggragator and was very
> pleased when i've learned that now it's in extras !
>
> But, unfortunately, it seems that i cannot install it on any of my 2 FC5
> machines (with an enriched repo list).
>
> [root@cerebro ~]# yum install rssowl
>
> in fact gives me a _long_ list of dependencies with ends like this:
>
> ---> Downloading header for glibc-headers to pack into transaction set.
> glibc-headers-2.4-4.i386. 100% |=========================| 138 kB
> 00:01
> ---> Package glibc-headers.i386 0:2.4-4 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: stax-bea for package: dom4j
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: stax-bea is needed by package dom4j
>

> Now, rssowl is in extra so it shouldn't search in external repos (i
> think). Eventually i've found an old rpm package of stax-bea in JPackage
> site and that i have this:
>
> [root@cerebro ~]# rpm -q bea-stax
> bea-stax-1.2.0-0.rc1.1jpp
>
> Any idea on what to do next ?

Packages in Extras don't have dependencies on anything outside Core or
Extras (that's the idea, anyway). It's possible that you have repos
enabled that have replacement versions of some Core or Extras packages
required by rssowl, which don't provide quite the same list of things as
the "official" packages. Try disabling all non-"official" repos and then
try the "yum install rssowl" again.

A "yum install rssowl" here doesn't try to pull in dom4j at all.

Paul.