Re: yum local repos first?

You can also do as I did for FC4, i.e. use Smart Package Manager. Give
the Fedora Core and/or Extras higher priority than the auxiliary repos
and your problem should be minimized.

That looks interesting, and I'll look into it more.  Thanks!

I used FC4 but FC5 is the first time I've used yum. After all the good things I heard about it, I've got to say I'm a little disappointed. It may be great for those with a fast internet connection but it seems like the designers totally blew off the people with slow or no internet connections.
I agree- I stick with the "official" fedora sites, and don't bother with livna or any of the others, just core and extras. What I would do (and did until recently) with a slow internet connection is keep the upgrades to a minimum; being able to auto-update to the "latest and greatest any and all the time" is nice, but I would focus on whether or not the system is functioning properly, and whether or not the system is as secure as I can make it.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.