Fwd: Re: Looking for Circuit CAD and simulation (optinal) for Fedora!

Greetings;

I don't think this message was sent to this list, so I've taken the
liberty of forwarding it since it does contain some usefull info.

Subject: Re: Looking for Circuit CAD and simulation (optinal) for
Fedora!
Date: Saturday 08 April 2006 21:09
From: Dan Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:21 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Dan Thurman wrote:
> >    Can anyone tell me how to properly install gEDA
> >    on Fedora or point me to the links where I can
> >    read up on it and install it right?
>
> i just downloaded the rpms from here:
>
> http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/geda.html
>
> rday

I found that this link explains it all and
partially works for FC5 and explained below:

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:fc4_notes_available_here

1) Just be aware that "packaging" is not standard, i.e. you define
 where the build directory and the install directory will be.

2) gnucap: The problem here is that the CC and CXX environment
 variables has no effect on the configure and generated Makefiles so
 this application builds on v4.0 or greater.  To fix that, you have to
 manually edit the Makefiles in each of the "O" sub-directories and
 change the CCC=g++ to CCC=g++32, run make clean, make, and make
 install when the installer complains and completes this step.  All of
 the files compiles but when it comes to linking all of the object
 files together - it fails with unresolved symbols.  I am using fc5's
 g++32 compat files which might be the reason since fc4's version is
 older than that of fc5.

3) EVERYTHING compiles and builds under FC5 with exception to gnucaps.

Cheers!
Dan