Re: agpgart - kernel module or not ?

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 11:34:02PM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:

> > no problem man.  that's what i had to do t get it all to work for me!
>
> Incidentally, are all these "X=Y" kernel options actually documented
> anywhere ? I've a read a few threads on this list recently where the solution
> was to do something like this, but I've never seen anything which lists *all*
> the possible options, or explains how to figure out what they are ?

The closest thing is in the Linux source tree,
linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt.  That's pretty close, but
because it's manually edited, it might not have exactly the latest
available options.

For any kernel modules with parameters, modinfo will tell you what
they are and a brief description of each.  I looked into doing the
same for the kernel proper, but there wasn't a burning need for it,
and it slipped to the bottom of my todo pile.  One addition to the
kernel that would be needed is akin to the MODULE_PARM_DESC() tags for
kernel setup options that aren't modular; adding those everywhere
would be a lot of work, but wouldn't be that hard, just tedious.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch