Re: VIA K8M800 S3 UnichromePro

On 4/8/06, Jojo Evangelista <jojo.mailing.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Im using FC4 on my Sempron 2800+ PC. The Mobo is an ECS K8M800-M2.
> Im having problem with the built-in video which is a S3 UnichromePro. Is
> there an updated driver for this card. I've already been to Via Arena and
> saw that they have drivers for this card, however, its almost a year old. Im
> just wondering if there are new/updated driver available.
>
> Ive tried using the Unichrome driver that comes with FC4, but X encounters
> errors and wont boot. As of the moment, im still using the default VESA
> driver.
>
> Thank you very much!

Is Fedora Core going to back port the new xorg drivers to FC4? I don't
know? Have you looked at the testing repo?

By the way, the new xorg FC5-x86_32 drivers work just fine for my
setup which has the same motherboard/CPU combo. I have no gotten the
FC5-x86_64 drivers to work. If you are willing to upgrade give FC5 a
try.