To: "'For users of Fedora Core releases'" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 4:51 PM
Subject: RE: Dual Boot and FC 5

OK, I have a working FC 5 upgrade with a good Win Xp partition that will no
longer boot.

What is the best way to recover to where grub will boot the XP?

From reading the two threads here, and I want to keep grub on the master

boot record, it looks like I could:

1. Reinstall Win Xp (repair?)

2. Upgrade FC 5 over the current FC 5 installation

And, in any event, save the current MBR (but 512 bytes or 446?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida