Re: Auto start vmplayer machine on reboot?

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 10:45, B Wooster wrote:
> Using the free vmplayer on Fedora, is it possible to set it up so that
> the virtual machine is also started up the machine (host hardware)
> reboots?
>
> I think I read somewhere that the free vmplayer can't do this - not
> sure about it though, so if anyone has set it so on a reboot of the
> host PC, all the virtual machines can also be started up, let me know
> how... Thanks!

You can't do it within vmplayer but you might be able to script
something to do it after X is running.   However, it sounds like
you would be better off with vmware server which is now also free.
It is in beta now but will still be free after release.  It
lets you specify which machines should start automatically,
can run more than one at a time, and doesn't require any display
on the local console - a separate console app is included with
remote capability.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx