Video capture setup - two problems

I'm trying to get my video capture setup, for the first time since I moved to
FC4, and am having a couple of problems.  First, I need the module zoran,
which I thought was in the kernel when I used this previously, but is
reported as not found now.  All the other required modules are found and
loaded.

Second, I used xawtv as a monitor.  I never could get tvtime to work on
Mandriva, and here on FC4 I find that it is not seeing the capture card, and
therefore won't allow me to set it as a source.  Of course, the missing
module may be responsible for this.  While I was trying to trace xawtv I came
across the info that camE is a rewrite of xawtv, so I've installed that.
However, attempting to launch it gives me

[anne@david ~]$ camE
camE: camE 1.9 - (c) 1999, 2000 Gerd Knorr, Tom Gilbert
camE: grabber config: size 320x240, input 0, norm 0, jpeg quality 75
[anne@david ~]$ can't load font arial/8
can't load font arial/8
setting cam pic: Invalid argument
camE: negotiated palette RGB24
camE: DC10plus[0] detected
camE: * taking shot
ioctl VIDIOCMCAPTURE: Invalid argument
no image captured

Is anyone using this package?  I haven't so far managed to find any
configuration files.  Clearly I need to do something about the font, and
probably about changing the format to PAL.

Any other comments/suggestions?

Anne