Re: Help with setting up Ad-Hoc wifi connection

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Hi guys,

I just moved from FC4 to FC5. In FC4 I had a wifi connection setup well
between my FC4 (madwifi , dhcpd, squid) and my laptop running windows. This
time, after I installed the modules from Livna, system-config-network
recognized the wifi card as an ethernet card, coping over the contents of my
previous ifcfg (which I had backed up) fixed that, and showed things as
wireless in system-config-network. However, even after setting the
encryption key to what it was before (eg. PASSS) but things don't work.
Nothing is even seen when I do a `tcpdump -v -i wifi0`

Did you enter it with clear text or hex?

Temp remove wep on your AP and see if it works then, to see if its a key problem

Please advise.

Thank you.

Cheers
Res