Re: How to copy a Fedora system?

jdow wrote:

to another partition?

Some people speak of using rsync. Some speak of using tar. I tend towards
being funky about it and using dd for the whole source disk and then VERY
carefully hand patching the new disk's boot sector so the correct size
disk is mentioned. Then I can fdisk in new partitions as needed.

{^_-}

parted should do it too. A challenge with dd is resizing multiple partitions, a limitation is the source cannot be greater than the destination.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait