Re: Looking for Circuit CAD and simulation (optinal) for Fedora!

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Robin Laing wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Thursday 06 April 2006 22:57, Dan Thurman wrote:

Folks,

I am looking for a good but free Circuit CAD that uses GUI
(graphics) and if it supports simulation such as spice or
something that would be great, but optional.

Anyone using CAD on linux?  If so, what do you recommend?

Only one answer, and its a good one.  google for 'geda'

Kind regards,
Dan

Ditto.

Home page.
http://www.geda.seul.org/

amusingly, i was poking around last week for a friend, looking for
linux-friendly CAD packages and, yes, gEDA ended up on the top of
several lists, but is there somewhere a detailed critique of what gEDA
will and will not do?

that is, if you were theoretically propose to middle-level management
to replace the existing CAD package with gEDA, you'd certainly be
expected to admit all of its shortcomings.  is there such a detailed
description somewhere?

rday

When I first tried gEDA, I did have a review of different packages but the link is dead. This was back in RH 8 days. I haven't worked with gEDA since last summer.

I have only used three different design tools. Two are Windows packages, one was free (Fastrax?) for PCBs. Multisim and gEDA.

I never got the chance to get deeply into any of the packages.

Here is an article about gEDA.
http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=SQ0UAIX344PQKQSNDBOCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleID=55301354

I did come across this.

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

And this is a link to different software packages.
http://www.opencollector.org/summary.php
--
Robin Laing