Re: BUG: spinlock recursion

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:46:50PM -0500, Bill Polhemus wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
> >P.S. Please don't post in HTML. Thanks.
> >
> OFF TOPIC:
>
> FWIW, I think that in this day and age, complaining about posting in
> HTML is patently ridiculous.

Posting HTML-only is patently ridiculous. Multipart is okay.

> Either set up your list to strip out the HTML--a common technology

It is not my list, unfortunately.

> that's been around for years now--or just live with it.

Don't post to the list in HTML-only, and just live with it.

> Very, very few people use Pine or Mutt to post to email lists any more.

What has this to do with posting in HTML-only mail?

> And I'm not just talking about those who use Outlook Express. I happen
> to use Thunderbird, for example.

Good for you. Set it to post in multipart, and all is good.

> I happen to also LIKE HTML email. It is quite easy on the eyes,
> particularly for someone like me whose eyesite isn't what it used to be.

You seem to be using the wrong fonts, then.

> This used to be a common complain W-A-Y 'long time ago, when most of the
> Internet world was still text-based. To me, the complaint is spurious at
> the present time.

You're not understanding the problem set of HTML-only. I suggest a web search.