Can't install FC5 on Dell Optiplex 170L

Trying to install fc5, anaconda aborts installation due to an unhandled exception, just after anaconda checks for dependencies of the selected packages to install. The situation is as follows:

originally my pc runs with a sata (160 GB) drive, on which win xp is installed. so, and not wanting to touch the drive i attached to normal ata drives ( each 20 GB), and disconnected the sata drive, Why to drives? Well because i got a problem: in another machine (home brew), i was running fc3 but unfortunately this machine is not starting, so i decided to install fc5 on the dell machine with the 2 ata drives and sata removed, so as to be able to mount my fc3 drive after the installation of fc5, in order to rescue my work from the fc3 drive.

 I allready submited a bug to anaconda, # 188120. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thx in advance for your help.

The first few lines of the anaconda dump are:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1253, in handleRenderCallback
self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 245, in renderCallback
self.intf.icw.nextClicked()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 951, in nextClicked
self.dispatch.gotoNext()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 146, in gotoNext
self.moveStep()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 217, in moveStep
rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 151, in turnOnFilesystems
partitions.doMetaDeletes(diskset)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py", line 1283, in doMetaDeletes
lvm.lvremove(name, vg)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/lvm.py", line 145, in lvremove
raise SystemError, "lvremove failed"
SystemError: lvremove failed

Local variables in innermost frame:
lvname: LogVol01
vgname: VolGroup00
args: ['lvm', 'lvremove', '-f', '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01']
dev: /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01
rc: 1280