Re: configuring squid

Guillermo Garron:
>>> option local-wpad "http://10.1.1.1/proxy.pac\n";;

Tim:

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:27 -0400, Guillermo Garron wrote:
> I have read that IE needs it, i think old versions of, i have never test
> without it :)

Hmm, I'd be interested to know what happens if you try it without.
Around here we've still got MSIE 5 and 6 on some boxes, and they accept
a proxy without a /n after it.

But I just noticed that mine (according to the rules I read on one or
three websites) doesn't use local-wpad, mine's like this:

option wpad-curl        code 252 = text;
option wpad-curl       "http://proxy.example.com/wpad.dat";;

I also notice that despite Microsoft recommending that technique, none
of their browsers pay any attention to DHCP supplied proxy addresses.
They blandly look for /wpad.dat on the local webserver (a webserver with
the same domain name as itself, or a proxy sub-domain, or the same
subnet).

Looks like time for some more experimenting.  :-\

I read messages from the public lists.