Re: Quanta on FC5 shows wrong accented characters

Paul Smith wrote:
On 4/6/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have an HTML document produced with Quanta on FC4, but when I open
it with Quanta on FC5, the accented characters are not properly shown.
Are you sure you have fonts installed that are capable of displaying them?
No, Rex, I am not sure. But what fonts should I install in order to
have Quanta displaying the accented characters correctly?
I'd suggest starting with installing the mostly-unicode-ready
dejavu-fonts (from Fedora Extras)

$ yum install dejavu-fonts

And configure your KDE environment to use those to see if it helps.
Yes, Rex, that did the trick. Thanks!

Perhaps, it would be good idea to make the rpm containing Quanta
dependent on dejavu-fonts, would not it?

Packages in Core aren't allowed to have dependencies on packages in Extras, so one of them would have to move.

Paul.