Re: Java / Tomcat / Jython Problem running on FC4

On 4/5/06, Charlie McVeigh <cmcveigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have an interesting problem trying to deploy a Java web application to
my instance of Tomcat running on my FC4 machine.

org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate
class [com.ithc.web.mvc.admin.ScriptUploadController ]; constructor threw
exception; nested exception is org.python.core.PyException: null
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<Parser.py>", line 7, in ?
  File "C:\eclipse\workspace\iTHC\WEB-INF\jython\Lib\tokenize.py", line
31, in ?

If your WAR file refers to this directory to load the python sources it's obvious someone hard-coded a path.
Just search all your source and configuration files for the eclipse\workspace reference and try to use a solution without need to hard-code paths. ( Class.getResource and friends).

This problem has all of my colleagues stumped as well - especially since
the .war file works unchanged for them on the other OS's mentioned
above.  I would appreciate any thoughts that any of the Java Gurus on
the board may have.

Maybe you copied the Tomcat configuration file from the windows machine and forgot to update a path set in the web application via JNDI? Maybe you have to put the path in the JNDI context and it's not there and this was a fallback put in by someone too lazy to set up a more production-like context on the development machine?

Klaasjan